Student advisers are on hand to offer advice and guidance on a wide range of personal, social, financial and academic issues. Our friendly staff are always available to discuss any concerns or worries you may have.
Student Services have the resources to help you make decisions about your future, whether you are considering the world of work, applying for higher education or looking for ‘year out’ ideas.
Gifted and Talented Excellence (GATE) Programme
Our Sixth Form Academy is committed to your success and we offer comprehensive support for gifted and talented students. This includes:
- Placement into a specialist tutorial group where you will receive mentoring from specialist subject tutors.
- The opportunity to attend visits to top universities, e.g. Oxford, Cambridge and Bristol.
- Comprehensive advice and guidance on the complex UCAS application process to top universities and competitive courses such as Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science and Law. There is an extremely high success rate in our students applying through the UCAS process (90 per cent of whom achieve grades A-A*) and obtaining offers to chosen university courses.
- Support in gaining access to some of the UK’s top universities, including Oxbridge and Russell Group Institutions.
- Interview Preparation and mock interviews.
- Invitation to attend presentations delivered by guest speaker, including annual talks delivered by the Royal Society of Chemistry, Cardiff Medical School and Oxbridge Admissions Tutors.
- The opportunity to take part in activities that will enhance your application, such as Maths Challenges, Biology Olympiad, Med-Link, STEM Events and Enrichment Activities.
Application to competitive universities is about more than just excellent grades. You must make an informed choice regarding subjects you want to pursue, understanding the competitive selection process and systems, submitting a polished application and excelling at the interview. The Sixth Form Academy aims to support you through all of the above.